I like single-tasking rather than multi-tasking. (I think there’s no such thing as multi-tasking.) I practice Deep Work. I love being in control of myself. However, nowadays it’s getting harder and harder to keep me that way. I wish there were more articles and books about how important the technologies impact towards human brain and emotion is.
articles and sites that really resonated with me recently
- How Technology is Hijacking Your Mind
- the need for a new design ethics
- What is humane product design, really?
- Center for Humane Technology
- Ethics for Design
- Beyond Digital Ethics
- Tristan Harris
- Time Well Spent
- Humane Design
- Deep Work
- Digital Ethics
- Some interfaces are designed to get all of our attention and some products are designed to die prematurely. With this in mind, it becomes obvious that the design of any product can be a moral dilemma: designers must balance their own economic survival, the financial interest of the client and the well-being of the user.